We live in an increasingly wireless world. From cell phones to Wi-Fi, electromagnetic waves are all around us. This can be beneficial but it may also lead to increased exposure to EMFs (electromagnetic frequencies). Invisible radio waves are common source of electromagnetic interference in our homes.There are many ways that you can block radio waves in your home, and this article will show you the best methods for doing so!
Are radio waves harmless?
Radio waves have frequencies within a range which includes AM radio, FM radio, TV broadcasts and microwaves. These types of waves are able to travel through air, glass or plastic at high speeds. Radio waves are a type of non-ionizing radiation. At high frequencies, like those used for mobile phone communication and WiFi internet, they can produce an amount of heat which is hazardous to humans. They can also cause damage to cells in the human body over time with prolonged exposure at these frequencies.
Radio waves are not always harmful. At lower frequencies, like those used for AM and FM radio broadcasting, they are considered harmless to humans since the amount of energy is very low. Most scientists do not consider non-ionizing radiation dangerous unless its frequency is higher than visible light ranges (100 terahertz).
How Radio Waves come into our Homes?
The main ways that radio waves enter your home from outside sources are through things like cell phone towers, broadcast antennas and wireless internet providers. Radio waves can be transmitted directly into a space or they may travel in the air before being picked up by an individual’s electronic devices which emit radiation themselves.
As technology continues to advance with new inventions such as smart meters and digital TV boxes, there is going to be more exposure than ever before to these types of electromagnetic fields (EMF). Cell phones have been around for years but they keep getting better and smarter every day, so it makes sense that their EMFs would also increase over time. The same goes for WiFi routers – our homes used to only have one desktop computer connected via Ethernet cable.
Radio waves can travel through walls and windows just like microwaves, so it is important that you block them from entering your home. Even if a room does not have an internet connection or phone line in it, radio waves may still be able to enter the space because of nearby towers and broadcast antennas outside through the windows and the walls.
What Materials Block Radio Waves Most Effectively?
There are several different materials that block radio waves effectively. The most common include metal, concrete and brick. For example, when you hear about “metal mesh” or even lead in the news, these types of stories often refer to blocking radio waves since metals tend to block them very well compared with other materials like wood or plastic.
It might be tough to remove all radio waves from your home. The good news is that you may construct your own house and utilize a variety of popular materials to block radio waves. Dielectrics and conductors are the two types of such materials.
Dielectrics absorb and reflect a significant portion of the power radiated by radio waves because they allow them to pass through but obstruct and reflect a substantial amount of it. Researchers have found that somematerials with high dielectric constants tend to block out 80 percent of radio waves.
The best dielectrics are:
- Wood, Cork
Instead of absorbing radio waves, conductors deflect them so they may completely block them by deflecting the radiation and keeping it out of your house. The conductive materials are more advantageous if they do not require the required dielectric insulation thickness to be effective.
Most conductors are metals:
10 Ways to reduce the impact of Radio Waves in your home and workplace.
Remove the EMFs’ sources in your home
1. Remove all the plugs from the outlet when you don’t use home equipmen like washing machine.
2. Turn off all wireless gadgets in the house and remove all wireless routers.
3. Switch out all types of microwaves for gas stoves.
Protect yorur windows
4. Metal mesh window screens keep out microwaves and FM signals very easily. They can be installed on any existing windows or they can even replace traditional screen doors for porches and patios.
Protect your walls
5. Use a carbon-based RF blocking paint which is the most suggested product to create a protective layer that may be applied to both external and inner walls.
6. Use the wallpaper that blocks RF on the Internal walls.
7. Use fiberglass insulation thick enough in the walls and attics to impede mobile phone signals.
Protect your sleeping place
8. Remove all blue-tooth devices from your bedroom.
9. Use protective sleeping canopies. Protective canopies can decrease exposure by blocking 95-99 percent of EMF/RF with their polyester-copper-silver mesh.
10. Use special commercial devices like the electric filters to to neutralize the high-frequency radiation. These block electromagnetic radiation in the range of around 100 kHz to 300 GHz.
By block radio waves in your house, you’re ensuring that the information on those frequencies can’t get into your home. Now that you know how to block radio waves and can reduce the number of distractions and enjoy a more tranquil life. You may also find it easier to better focus on work or other tasks without feeling like there’s something else going on at all times. As always, if you have any questions about this blog post, feel free to email us!